Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I would like to know how i can share internet between 2 home computers.My main computer is run via c

My main computer is running via a cable modem. I am going to buy a new computer and i want to see if it is even possible to connect 2 computers with the same internet. If so what wires will i need. and if the computers are networked together does that mean that one of the computers has to be adminstaror, meaning they can track what you have been on.



Thanks peeps



I would like to know how i can share internet between 2 home computers.My main computer is run via cable modemantivirus software



buy a network router...and make 2 computers connect to it



put the modem cable into the router. and you both connect to the router,



so u need



1) router (not wireless)



2) 2 lan wires



I would like to know how i can share internet between 2 home computers.My main computer is run via cable modemcomputer virus



The best option is to use a cable router.



Both computers connect to the router and the router connects to the internet. Most cable routers can support more than 2 computers so it also leaves room for more if you decide to add more later, and a lot also include wireless access points (which can be turned off until needed) which is great if you decide to get a laptop in the future.



Cable routers also have built in firewalls to protect your home pc's from unwanted intruders trying to gain access to your personal data from the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment