Sunday, August 15, 2010

How do I get 2 computers to use the enternet sing a hub?

This is weird, I had both of these computers on the enternet before the only difference is that I had a different carrier. Now I have switched enternet carriers and for some reason my second computer will not connect to the enternet. The weird thing is that the coputer shows an active enternet connection but when I try to open the browser it for some reason says I am off line. I even tried to mess around with the security options through enternet options, nothing is working. Can someone please help me??



How do I get 2 computers to use the enternet sing a hub?hp



Open Internet Explorer



Click File%26gt;Work Offline



Now try again!



(Internet explorer might of been set to work off line, by following the above instructions you will put it back online)



If that doesn't work than



Click start%26gt;run



type cmd



in the console type ''ping google.com'' (without quotes)



If you see 4 successful replies than the internet is definately working.



If you see a different message than the settings of your network connection might need configuring.



Click start%26gt;right click ''My Network Places'' and click properties.



Right click the connection and click properties again.



Double click Internet Protocol and write and compare the numbers with your other machine



If the numbers are blank on your working machine than do the same for your not-working machine (auto)



If there are numbers than copy the same numbers but change the last number to 1 higher up, e.g if one pc has 192.168.1.1 than on your other machine you would use 192.168.1.2 (Only change the first Line)

No comments:

Post a Comment